Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tears

Yesterday was a day full of tears. I cry a lot. I guess most of you know that. I always cry when I say good-bye to my kids and grandgirls.

Camille left yesterday. I cried and cried. Thankfully, she did not cry. I cry more when she starts crying. Oh what fun we had. Grammy was not quite ready for it to end.

Then we drove to Hot Springs to see our good friends David and Gayla. We have known David and Gayla since we moved to Californin in 1992. We all became fast friends. Our kids were the same ages and became fast friends. It would be quite easy to take another stroll down memory lane. Gayla is in inpatient hospice. No one knows how much longer she will live on this earth, but not too much longer.

Gayla is a person who loves live and lived it to the fullest at all times. So full of fun and laughter and joy. It is very difficult to see someone in the condition Gayla is in. I don't think Gayla knew we were there, but we stayed with David and Kim a couple of hours. It was bittersweet fellowship.

We all prayed together before we left. And we all cried together. I know I will not see Gayla on this earth again. I know the tears I shed were my selfish tears. There is no doubt Gayla will soon be in heaven and she will be laughing and living life to the fullest once again. But I did shed those selfish tears. A lot of them. I cried most of the way back to Little Rock.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I can't imagine how hard that would be to see your good friend so close to death...so sorry.