Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The "It" Ingredient

We live in a society that praises beauty and youth and having the figure to wear a bikini at age 40 and beyond. No matter how great the figure, no one who has ever had a baby needs to be in a bikini. While those stretch marks represent a beauty all their own, they need to remain unseen. I digress and that was an unsolicited opinion. Nonetheless, it was stated and I return to my original thoughts. Even here in Honduras, a third world country, we see people wanting to be more beautiful and your youthful. All of this chasing beauty and youth is meaningless, a chasing after the wind. Nothing under the sun can be gained from this chase. And, yes, I admit, to a degree, I am guilty of this chase.

On Fox News this morning, there was a teaser for a later segment. The teaser was about the "it" ingredient. The solution to make all people beautiful and young. I only heard the teaser. I did not stay around for the actual segment on what the "it" ingredient might be.

But, let me tell you about the real "it" ingredient. The "it" ingredient I am talking about is Jesus Christ. When He is your lord and savior and all troubles are cast on him, your hope and faith are placed in Him, you will be beautiful, inside and out. You will have eternal life. Not here on this earth, but you will have eternal life.

That is an "it" ingredient worth chasing.

Terri

No comments: