Thursday, September 9, 2010

Winding Down

We have been in Searcy for the last two days. Taking care of business and sharing time with friends. We leave today for Oklahoma and leave for home from Oklahoma City tomorrow.

It has been a good trip, a productive trip. I always leave Texas feeling I haven't spent enough time with my mom. While I would never wish the surgeries on my mom, we had lots of rich, sweet time together. I am glad for that time.

I am winding down, preparing myself to be home. To get busy again. Of course, it is a different kind of busy. Lots of new things will be happening.

As far as the groups, the fall is never as busy as the summer, but we do have some groups coming. Next week, our friends from Walnut Creek, California are coming. This is always a fun group and we expect big things from this little group. Thanksgiving build week will happen again this year. As the rains continue in Honduras, houses, roads and bridges are being washed out daily. There is plenty to build and rebuild. So far, the build week has been another great week in Honduras. Then to continue a new tradition, the Jesus banquet will be held again this year. December 8 is the day many of the people that live and work in the dump will be fed at a sit-down banquet.

Please feel free to join any or all of these groups.

Terri

No comments: