Saturday, September 25, 2010

4:30 P.M.

It is a dreary, blustery, cold day. It has rained most of the day, but so far only 1 1/2 inches, a far cry from six to ten. The electricity went out from 3:00 - 3:30. Nothing new here. That happens at least once a day. I haven't checked the forecast since I finished my shift with the children, but I am hoping it is not going to be as bad as first predicted and that we are not being lulled into a sense of false security.

For a short time this morning, it almost quit raining. I let the children go out and play before lunch. That was kind of selfish. I was thinking about how difficult naptime would be if no one had run and jumped and burnt up some of that endless energy. It worked. It was raining hard on that tin roof. It was cool. The boys laid down and went right to sleep. So did I. It felt wonderful.

Thank you for your prayers. Lets keep them going.

Terri

2 comments:

Ginger said...

i had you on my mind today thinking about the predictions and sad outcomes if you had gotten much more rain...let's hope you won't get as much as weatherman suspected. I am sure that all of you were frightened thinking that it would be much worse.

thanks for reporting in.

Keeping grandchildren so i am going to be brief.

Donna said...

So glad that the forecast was off in the rain prediction. I hope the sun comes out soon!