Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tall Corn


I lived in Illinois for three years. And recently visited Nebraska. This is corn country. They know how to raise corn in those states. No matter how well they do it up there, I have never seen corn as tall as it is in the garden at Casa de Esperanza. This is corn on steroids.


I had a couple of the bigger kids stand by the corn to show a perspective of how tall the corn really is. Dennis wanted to stand by the corn, also. Of course, I did not care. There is no one here tall enough to get some of that corn. They will need a chair or a ladder.


The corn here is more like field corn. I will take that freshly picked sweet corn off of Steve Tucker's farm any day.


Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard people talk about something being "tall cotton". Well let me tell you that is tall corn. I think it is so good that you all are beginning to grow some things to eat and the chicken for eggs and a cow for milk. That helps give the children chores and learn lots of lifes lessons. linda