Saturday, September 18, 2010

Yay For Sunshine




It has rained and rained and rained. And then it has rained some more. A day does not pass without rain. Today was no exception.


The kids go to school all morning. They then come home, eat lunch, have naps and then do homework. By the time the homework is finished, the rain has usually begun. There has not been a lot of playing outside time lately.


This morning there was sunshine. Yay. After breakfast, chores were rushed through. Some chores were rushed through a bit too much and some children had to be called back in to finish or redo chores. Then they were all called in for an hour of studying. At 10:00, there was a mad rush for the outdoors. Bicycles and jump ropes found themselves very busy this morning. The laughter of happy children filled the air.


As the children were lined up for lunch, they began to ask if they could eat outside. I said yes. They were estatic. They washed tables and found whatever toys they thought would make a good table.


I sat out there and ate my lunch with them. We all soaked up the sunshine. Sunshine and fresh air did everyone good. I had no trouble today getting those boys to sleep. I might have even taken a short nap myself.


After nap, they raced back outside. I watched as a couple of the kids were just running in circles. I let them run and run. It was not long until the rain was falling once again.
While it lasted, yay for the sunshine.
Terri

No comments: