Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Terco

Terco is the spanish word for stubborn. We have a few stubborn children here. Rosy. Cindy. All of them are from time to time.

Little Josue is certainly working on the title of being the most stubborn. Karen has a routine for meal time and it works well. Before the children can leave the table, each one has to say excuse me. A simple request. Yesterday morning after breakfast, Josue refused to say. He got to sit in his little chair until he said excuse me. He pooped and peed in his pants and still refused to say excuse me. And still he sat there. Breakfast was at 6:30 and he finally decided to say excuse me at 10:30.

This morning we had a repeat performance. It only lasted until 9:30 this morning. He absolutely would not say it for Karen. He finally said it for me by repeating me as I said one syllable at a time.

Yes, we definitely have another stubborn child on our hands.

Terri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a stubborn child. She is now loving being with you this week :). Love, Aaron

Anonymous said...

Does this mean I can NOW bring him home with me??????

Jennie