Friday, June 11, 2010

Peaches


As we plant gardens and fruit trees, we have dreams of saving on the weekly grocery bill and, maybe, saving year round if we ever grow enough to can and freeze some of it.


I heard peaches and had visions of biting into a big, sweet, juicy peach. You know what I am talking about. The kind of juicy peach that the juice runs down your arm to your elbow has you stand there eating on it. I also began to wonder if we could figure out to make peach preserves like my grandmother used to make. I was ready to bake some bread on which to spread those peach preserves. My mouth was watering as I went to look at the peaches. Or in this case, the peach. One tiny peach on one tiny tree. There was simply nothing to do but laugh. A big hearty laugh.


We don't quite have this gardening thing figured out yet.


A day or so later, Marc came in and said I can't believe someone stole the whole peach crop. The whole peach crop. Gone.


Terri

2 comments:

Ginger said...

well, someone some where has juice dripping down their arm but it sure isn't marc or you...shame shame shame on that person taking that one little peach.

i am afraid that our squash didn't even make one yet.

my neighbor, mollie has gotten one tomato to ripen and our tomatoes are still tiny... and green.


all i can do is laugh too!!

Brandi and Sophie have been over to swim and Sophie is upstairs getting a bath.


I promised to cut a watermellon but after eating so much apple dumplings piled with vanilla ice cream and cool whip... i don't think the 3 of us have any place to put watermellon.

Pearley gets home possibly tomorrow but more like Sunday. He is bringing bella and corey home with him...

I doubt I have time to read your blog next week with 5 grandkids here.

Jaden, Maddie and Dylan also are spending a week here.
love,Ginger

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. We finally, after years of waiting, have pears on our tree. I noticed the other day, the squirrls are helping themsleves to them. There will be none left by fall.

Looking foward to seeing you Wednesday. Jennie