Friday, August 21, 2009

Silver Bells

Silver Bells is one of my very favorite Christmas songs. In the proper time of the year (December), I could listen to Silver Bells over and over. You might not want to ride in my car with me and listen to it as many times as I do. But August is not the time of the year for Silver Bells. Today while I was in the hardware store, that is what was playing.

I was in no mood to listen to Christmas music. It was hot, hot, hot today. I was glistening with sweat. As I was driving to the hardware store, I saw a strike forming and knew I was going to have to go an alternate way to get to my next errand. Not exactly the kind of thing that puts you in a Christmassy mood.

Even if it had been a cold, rainy day, it is only August 21, way too early to be thinking about Christmas or listening to Silver Bells.

Do I sound like scrooge?

Terri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is going on???? We wrapped many Christmas presents today at our store. It is insane.

It is funny that you would mention Silver Bells. That is the song that was playing in the airport when we arrived in Honduras in December. And it was hot then.

jl

mandnfitz said...

I went by LA Nursery the other day. They have moved out all of the fertilizers and stuff and are beginning to make their store into a Christmas superstore. You will have to see it when you are here.

Ginger said...

NO YOU DO NOT SOUND LIKE SCROOGE..YOU SOUND LIKE ME! I GET SO UPSET WHEN THEY START DOING CHRISTMAS IN OCTOBER AND WOW CHRISTMAS IN AUG. WOULD REALLY BE A DOWNER.