Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Prayers At The Dump

Today, just like we do every Wednesday, we went to the dump to feed hungry people. The feeding went quickly, but very orderly. The people have learned to stand in line and patiently wait. They know they will all get food.

When all the food was gone, and we were preparing to leave, Marc suggested we have a prayer. Our group and several from the dump circled up, took the hand of the person next to us, and Marc asked someone to pray. There definitely was more than one person praying. It is kind of a Honduras thing, I have noticed, for as many people that want to to pray. All at the same time. While one in our group prayed, everyone from the dump that was standing in the circle prayed. They prayed passoinately and thanked God for their blessings. They don't have anything, yet they were thanking God for their blessings. I was so touched.

And what do I have about which to complain.

Terri

2 comments:

Churchill said...

When I went to Ukraine they did the same thing. At first I felt out of my comfort zone, but then I realized the passion and faith that they had. I thought it was cool that they did that there also. -Carrie

Ginger said...

I am sure that anytime a prayer of thanksgiving is offered that God will continue to open the hearts of those who sincerely pray.

One of the things that has moved me to keep reading your blog is the overwhelming persuasion that God is great. God is very great, and His greatness is central to all of life.

This is relevant to everything you and Marc think and feel and do.

You keep praying and helping these folks at the dump and we will continue to see you face challenges of caring for these people and spreading the gospel.

We truly see the greatness of God
when we read your stories of faith.
Keep proclaiming God's greatness every chance you get.

Prayers for you all. I hope you have a safe journey to the good OL' USA on Saturday.

See you in Columbus, MS when you arrive in September.