Monday, August 31, 2009

Blue Bell Ice Cream

Other than my father-in-law's homemade cherry nut, there is no better ice cream in the world than Blue Bell, something that is not available in Honduras. I usually overindulge in this treat when I am in the states.

Today, we stopped in Vicksburg to eat a Chinese buffet. I would not even think of eating Chinese in Honduras, therefore, I enjoyed the buffet. Marc came back to the table with some butter pecan and told me there was Blue Bell ice cream over there. I rushed over to get some. There was a whole Blue Bell buffet over there. If I had only known that before I ate, I think I might have paid eight dollars to eat a Blue Bell buffet and foregone the Chinese food completely.

Today Blue Bell buffet, tomorrow homemade cherry nut.

That might be as near to heaven on earth as a person can get.

Terri

No comments: