Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rosy The Embroiderer


Most children in Honduras have to learn to embroider. It is something they learn in school. Our kids have these embroidery projects from time to time. Right now Rosy is working on one. I believe I can easily say she hates it.


I must admit her project is much bigger than most of the other kids' projects have been. The other night, her stitches were way wide and far outside the lines. The next day, when she returned from school it had been ripped out and she had to do it over. She sometimes takes the needle and jabs holes in the fabric.


Yesterday Dilma and Joselyn were patiently working with her. They were not doing it, just patiently working with her. She was doing pretty well with it. She was frustrated and would occasionally open her little mouth and let out this ear-piercing scream. At one point, Dilma and Joselyn both got busy doing something else. How wish I would have had the camera on Dilma's face when she saw the mess Rosy had made. Suffice it to say, a little bit more had to be ripped out.


For Rosy to finish this project, may try everyone's patience.


Terri

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AT LEAST THE INSTRUCTORS HAVE A PLEASANT LOOK ON THEIR FACE. I HAVE TROUBLE WITH STITCHING TOO AND THINGS THAT ARE TEDIOUS. I CAN UNDERSTAND ROSEYS FRUSTURATIONS. SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL GIRL. REALLY ENJOY HEARING ABOUT THE INDIVIDUAL KIDS. I KNOW THEY HAD A GOOD TIME AT THE PIZZA PARTY TODAY. I WANTED PIZZA FOR LUNCH TODAY MYSELF. lINDA

Donna said...

This sewing project has the fruit of the Spirit written all over it for Rosey AND her instructors! ha!
Donna

mandnfitz said...

I'm glad I didn't have to learn to embroider in school. They may have ripped mine out too. I am a dummy when it comes to anything involving a needle and thread

Anonymous said...

There is hope! When I was a child, I really struggled with embroidery. So much so that my mom gave up on me. In college, I tried it again, and found it was something I enjoyed and was pretty good at! I have some smaller, more fun projects if they would help Rosy have a better time with it? God bless you all as you work with her. Thanks, Suzan

Terri L Tindall said...

Suzan,

Your mother was the master embroiderer. If you could not learn, I am sure she was frustrated. It something I enjoy, too.
Teri

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
You might as well put a gun to my head and pull the trigger if you expect me to embroider. Here my kids can do excellent sewing and their mother cannot even fathom sitting down with a needle and thread and doing any kind of stitch.

The apples do not fall from the tree in every other instance EXCEPT SEWING. God does not give everyone the talents to sew.

Poor Rosy. My heart goes out to her when I think of how miserable she is and how I would feel in her shoes.

I bet I would be screaming too.

Ginger said...

I meant to say the apples do not fall "FAR" from the tree in almost every other senario EXCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO SEWING. I AM SO GLAD CARLA AND SARA ENJOY DOING ALL KINDS OF THINGS WITH A NEEDLE AND THREAD. HOWEVER, IT IS NOT FOR ME.
lOVE,
GINGER

mandnfitz said...

Mom, you must be tired. You mispelt your name in your comment.

TREY MORGAN said...

After hanging out with Rosy for a few days, I have no problem imagining Rosy not enjoying doing embroidery.

:)