Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Update

Maryuri had a virus. She seems to be back to her old self. No more fever and no more seizures. Praise God.

Yesterday Marc and I had several errands in Tegucigalpa. We regularly went through the part of town where Rudy was seen on Saturday night. Again, we talked to someone who had seen him yesterday morning. As many times as we drove through and looked for him, we did not see him. We are not giving up on him.

Little Isabel is still in the hospital. In addition to cerebral palsey, it has been determined she has chlamydia, a sexually transmitted disease which was transmitted through the birth canal. Chlamydia causes babies to be born low birth weight. Low birth weight is a high cause of cerebral palsey and also causes babies to be more prone to pneumonia. The poor baby now has all three of those things. Add the severe malnutrition and the child is extremely ill. We are trying to find somewhere that can adequately and properly care for her needs, of which the precious one has so many.

Please keep Rudy and Isabel in your prayers.

Terri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the update on the children. As if that is all you have to do is keep us up to date. I know you are very busy but little Isabele just touched my heart so much as the other children too. Keeping them and the 2 of you in my prayers. I know how much I cannot stop looking for something meaningful that has been lost in the house I can only imagine how frantic you all must be looking for a lost child. linda

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
In spite of these troublesome realities, you still seem to thrive and build bridges God's way.
I don't know how you do it. I really don't.
Sometimes helping others reach a desirable destination is not so much a matter of building a bridge as it is being a bridge.

I enjoyed that nap today.
Tim and Dalton will be here tonight again and Dylan moved in at Sara's and informed me he will stay with them till Sunday. ummm.
Guess it is too boring here at his grandparents. Love, Ginger