Sunday, March 23, 2008

Rudy


Rudy is an eleven year old little boy that has lived at Casa de Esperanza for almost a year. He was a street kid before he came here. None of us can imagine a home life so bad that it would make a six year old kid choose the streets instead of home. This is what happened in Rudy's case. He chose to become a street kid because home life was so terrible.


Rudy was rescued from the street life. He has received love, food, clothing, bed, toys, a chance at an education. A chance at life. Along with the good things came rules, consequences, and giving up what Rudy viewed as freedom in not answering to anyone but himself.


Rudy has run away from Casa three times, but always returned before dark. Yesterday, he left again during nap time. Only this time he was not angry, not in trouble, and did not come home before dark. Some of the neighbors reported to us that he came to their doors asking for money and that he had two pairs of pants with him. Fortunately, no one gave him money. In spite of that, he managed to find, beg, borrow, or steal enough for bus fare to Tegucigalpa. Someone saw him getting on the bus around 4:00 or 4:30. We were taking all the employees home and went on into Tegucigalpa to look for him. Marc knew where some of his old hangouts were. But where do you really look for an eleven year old in a city of a million or more? Can you even imagine an eleven year old on the streets of a city of a million or more? It was getting dark. It was Saturday night and there were people out everywhere. We did not have any luck. I was not sure I could sleep last night. All of us here are praying and praying for Rudy.


We took the preachers back to Tegucigalpa after church. We looked some more. We talked to another little boy that had seen Rudy. He got inside the car and told us where to go. We drove back to the Applebee's parking lot. That is where Rudy was last seen. We think the little boy said last night. We guess he was begging for food. We drove around the area and could not find him.


We cannot even begin to comprehend why a child would want to leave a secure home full of love, where he is fed three times a day and has a warm bed. But we cannot comprehend the mentality of a street kid either, or from what he might be running.


Please pray for Rudy. Pray that he is safe and that he is warm and that he is found soon.


Terri

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its Matt. I am so worried for Rudy. I know that God will watch over him just like he constantly watches over us. I will continue to pray for him. I love that kid.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness that is so sad about Rudy. We will be praying for his safety and return and for you to be able to bear a heartach like that. I cannot even imagine a kid being on the streets at eleven years old. My world is so sheltered. linda

Anonymous said...

I would be so interested to hear if you found a place for little Isibel and if she is better. She has been on my heart and mind. linda

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
What a cute kid and oh the stress of all this must be putting you about 6 ft. under.

I will try my best to email you soon.

Still a lot going on here. I am trying to keep up with all the young people but it is not easy.

You know I will take a min. to pray for Rudy and for you and Marc as you try so hard to take care of so many problems. love, Ginger

Ryan Hunt said...

Janna and I will pray! Love yall!

Sherry said...

Terri & Marc--

My children & I prayed for you all & Rudy this evening. I asked Andy to pray as well. I also have my "prayer warrior" friends praying. Please keep us updated!

Faith & Courage,

Sherry Hubright