Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Naptime

This morning Dorian was out with another preacher. Little Isabel began running a high fever so Ashley and Jen took her back to the hospital. Sandra and Reina both have the day off, leaving Dilcia, Elbia, and Karen. I asked Karen if there was anything I could do to help her. She said she was fine until naptime and she would need some help. After lunch and making sure all the girls went to the bathroom, we all got ready for a nap. I was in between Maryuri and Daniela. I wanted to say " first one to sleeps wins." Wins what I do not know, but I knew I would be the winner. Everyone was a bit chatty and squirmy at first. I had to sssssh a few times. It was quite hot in the girls room. Cindy got out of bed to turn on the fan. Daniela thought it was too loud and got out of bed and turned off the fan. Cindy got out of bed and turned on the fan. That ended that. With the fan going, everyone began to setlle down and drift off to sleep. I know at least Maryuri and Daniela went to sleep before I did. I was not required to go to sleep, just the girls. The next thing I knew it was an hour later, and all the girls were sound asleep. I carefully and quietly left their room feeling most refreshed after having that little nap. Perhaps I will help with naptime more often.

Terri

Terri

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
Unfortunately nobody takes naps here and it would be a good thing if they did..ha
Been going to bed and laying there till 2 am and getting up early. The cook never sleeps.
I will try to write an email soon. Kind of hard now with family to take care of.
Maddie stayed overnight with us last night to play with bella.
Corey stayed at Jaden's house to play with his play station.
Carla, Daryl, Bella, and Corey leave Sunday. Gena arrives friday and tim and the boys arrive sunday...the revolving door and stove never turn off..Maybe if I took a nap, i would feel better but there are no beds empty..love, Ginger

Anonymous said...

Terri,I just love the way you describe your events of the day and am so amazed how you turn even the unhappy ones to be a learning lesson for life. I need to hear that kind of thinking and learn to think that way also. Your postings are such a blessing to me. Here I need to encourage you and Marc but I find the encouragement from you and your good attitude. linda Stegall

Rosemary said...

Your naptime must have been at the same moment Kathy and I said, "Is it time for a NAP?" Kathy and I have been the last ones in the office this week, and if the phones would have stopped ringing we may have gotten in that NAP!!