Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Never a Dull Moment

Those of you who know me well, know that is the story of my life...never a dull moment. And living near 15 children you would think that to be the case anyway, but these events do not involve the children.

Yesterday, Marc took a small group out to build a house, I bought the monthly groceries for Casa de Esperanza and Matt and Nicole stayed here to help with the kids all day. I had more than my share of Honduran experiences and was hot, tired, and thirsty when I got home just before 5:00. Matt and Nicole came in around 5:45. Matt jumped in the shower. Nicole and I were sitting here visiting and kind of zoned out. We both could here water running and hitting a floor, but Matt was in the shower. No big deal, or so we thought. Matt came out of the bathroom and Nicole says honey, I don't think you turned the shower off. He went back into the bathroom and says the shower is off. Remember, my house at one time was a duplex. When Matt turned the shower on, water began to come up through the pipes where the kitchen sink in the other side of the duplex had been. Oh my, what a lot of water there was since Nicole and I sat there all that time listening to the water. I have a huge load of towels to wash this morning.

Poor Marc. From shingles to blackeye. He got hit with a board yesterday on the housebuilding site. He looks bad today. He is delighting in telling everyone I did that. He upset little Daniella this morning at devo when he told her that.

And then, this morning just before 5:30 I started to walk. I noticed there was only one car here. I came running down the hill and back into this house. "Marc, Marc I am sorry to wake you, but the trooper is not here. Marc sort of screamed when I woke him and when he realized what I was saying, he says oh yeah, I forgot to tell you Karen had to take Dorian to town at 4:30 this morning.

When nothing is really going on around here, we just make our own excitement.

Terri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog, as usual. I can just picture the black eye. Poor Marc!
Also, I can identify with the water being everywhere. What a mess! And then to top it all off, the "Missing Trooper." Like you say, you make your own excitement. I hope toady is more tranquil if that is possible in Honduras. Don & I look forward to your blogs each morning. Have a wonderful and blessed day. Love you! Sue

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to your blogs. You stay so busy. I know you must be enjoying your kids being there for a while with you. I just cannot ever wait to see what the next experience will be. You handle it very well it seems. Just rolling with the flow there in Honduras. It is so wonderful to feel a part of the great things that are going on there, and that is how you make me feel. I can hardly wait for your next adventure. It is great to see it thru the eyes of a woman. linda Stegall

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
Without a doubt your life is not very calm..Not to worry we like hearing about all your adventures. You certainly focus on daily challenges and the rewards of being in Honduras.
In this blog you must take Stephen King's advise to writers and leave out all the boring parts of your life.
I am sorry to hear that Marc has a black eye.
Are you sure you didn't get angry and hit him with a 2 X 4?
Keep blogging about your unusual situations you encounter every day.
Love,
Ginger