Monday, January 14, 2008

Painting


Today we went to paint the new kindergarten building. As you can tell by the picture, we painted it orange. Yes, orange. Perhaps, you are thinking Marc and Terri became Honduranized quickly. Even though orange is a standard color here and we did not even have to have it mixed, that is not why we chose orange. We have worked in this community for several years. The mayor had been asking for a while if we could build this kindergarten building. While we were in the states, some friends of ours donated the money for this building to be built. They not only live in East Tennessee, they went to college at the University of Tennessee and are big UT fans. We chose orange, Tennessee orange, in honor of the donors, our friends, who graciously made this kindergarten possible in a poor community.

The last time I saw that much orange paint was on the walls of my rent house and I was trying to cover it up, not but it on.

It was a fun day. The painters were Marc and I and two men from the community. It took us about 2 hours. Nicole, I know you won't believe this, I was not covered from head to toe in paint, as is my norm. I had so little paint on me, no one would have ever known I spent part of the morning painting. The only thing missing about the day was "Rocky Top" should have been sung.

Next task to find the desks and chairs and this new kindergarten will be ready before school starts.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Terri I can't believe you are a true LSU fan. That kindergarten would have been painted purple and gold if you were a real true Louisiana State University supporter...but what do you and Marc do....praise TN! That is ok I reckon if it is ok with Janet Hines. But next time honor the best of the best..go LSU!!
Seriously, I was pulling your leg. You made East TN kindergarten donations proud. YOu did good.
Love,
Ginger
from MS now BUT I was born, raised, married and lived in Louisiana until 20 years ago . I'm almost 60. YOu do the math. Louisiana is in this Mississippi gal's blood. Can't deny it...now I will read today's blog and see what is going on in today's chapter of the terri tindall story. I am sure it is interesting and a good read.
Really do love you guys. G.F.