Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Dilcia

At Casa de Esperanza, we love birthday celebrations. Yesterday, we celebrated Dilcia's birthday. Dilcia was our very first employee. We hired her before we had kids. About 4 months before. We knew she was a good employee and hard worker and didn't want to lose her. Oh how she loves these kids and loves us.

We found out her favorite kind of cake was chocolate. On Tuesday, Marc ordered a chocolate cake from the bakery. Yesterday, before lunch, Marc and I walked up to the bakery and got the cake. When we walked in the door, she was so grateful. The kids sung happy birthday and everyone got a piece of cake.

Most days, Dilcia and her sister have to ride the bush two and a half hours to get home. As another surprise, we were taking them home. What they did not know, was we were stopping at Kentucky Fried Chicken and buying enough chicken and french fries for their whole family. We did this. It was two huge bags of food. When we got them home, they got out of the truck and they were so appreciative. They thanked us and hugged us and thanked us and hugged us. Seeing that kind of gratefulness brought tears to my eyes before we drove away.

I am sure that family enjoyed every morsel of Dilcia's birthday meal.

Terri

4 comments:

mandnfitz said...

i sure hope that bush they ride isn't very thorny. just kidding.

Rosemary said...

Tell her Happy Birthday from Kathy and me, an how grateful we are that she is there to take care of you and Marc.

Terri L Tindall said...

To my smarty pants daughter, whose desire it is to be a proofreader in her next life, maybe you can ride the thorny bush from San Pedro Sula when you come instead of me picking you up. Just kidding.

Mom

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
Did Dilcia tell you her age? Is she even 30? Maybe 29 possibly but she looks 26 or 27 at most.

I had to laugh at Nicole's comments. I too caught the bush for bus typo and laughed at how funny it was to be riding a bush.

We love you...we are just picking at you. I would hate for anyone to see how many errors I would make if i wrote a blog. You have very few errors in truth.

It was so sweet of you to give Dilcia a birthday memory she will treasure forever.

Keshia is here. The student from MUW. The weather is too bad for her to go home this weekend so she is staying with me all week end.

She and I rented movies and watched a cute chick flick tonight.

We hope to watch the other tomorrow.

Well, I should email ya but I am just planning on going to bed now instead.

I hope you have a good day tomorrow. Poor Pearley he is out in the cold tonight working at weyerhaeuser.
Love, Ginger