Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Grace

I was going to write about this welcome to Honduras day.  How Nicole and I took Maryuri all the way to Hospital Viera for an appointment.  We got there to find out the doctor is on a European vacation and the receptionist said when the doctor returned she would call Nicole.   The receptionist had Nicole's number and did not call to say the doctor was not in.  It would have made a nice story.

At least we stopped for Dr. Peppers.  It was a long way to go for a Dr. Pepper.

On the way home, I learned something that upset me.  When we got here, I did not act very nice.  I am not proud of those actions.  I apologized.  Profusely.  And immediately.  But, those words can never be taken back.  I still hear them ringing.  I am sure the other person does, too.

I came here to share Jesus.  To be the hands and feet of Jesus.  And mouth.  I failed miserably.   I keep hearing the words to the song "Angry words, oh let them never from the tongue unbridled slip" and "why do so many things seem to get in the way"

I am so thankful for God's grace.  For forgiveness when I fail so miserably.  Where would we be without it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you very much. Linda