Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Surprises

Sunday, I took some people to the airport.  Then I ate lunch with some friends that were arriving.  As I drove back to Santa Ana, I was thinking Sunday afternoon nap, a very rare event for me.  I sat down in my chair to read before I took that nap.  In just a few minutes, Byron showed up.  I thought that was odd because I had just seen him at the airport.  I had asked if he wanted to eat lunch with my friends and he gave an answer that made me think he had other plans.  But as we all know, plans change in Honduras and I thought his had changed, too.

Then Armando showed up.  Armando is a carpenter that makes all the beautiful pieces we have at Casa.  Only he was at my house and not at Casa.  And everything Casa has ordered is bought, paid for and installed.  I was a bit confused, but nothing new there.  In came this portable island.  I have no work space or counter tops.  And I mean none.  Just a slight challenge.  Or, I should say, I had no workspace.  I do now.  It will roll into the kitchen or wherever I need it.  Thank you Byron.  This is a beautiful piece of furniture.
Then, in came a bookcase.  I had this place cutout that a washer and dryer would fit into.  I have two of them, one on each side of the house.  On one side, my books were stacked every which way.  I could not find anything.  Armando had to trim the bookcase a little and trim the wall a little (welcome to Honduras).  The bookcase is beautiful.  I said it looks like it was made to go there.  Well, guess what?  It was made to go there.
Today is my day off.  I have spent the morning rearranging and moving and having all kinds of fun.  I have arranged my books by subject and author and letting my o-c-dness show.  I did find a book I had been looking for and was thinking I had lost it or it was in some box in Texas.  
Thanks, Pat and Kim.  I love it.

I love surprises.  I am usually on the giving end.  It was really fun to be on the receiving end.  I love both pieces.

Terri

4 comments:

Trey Morgan said...

Love it. A special gift for a special person ... given by two special people.

Anonymous said...

What a great gift for you! I remember those books piled up! Have fun in your new "library"!

Linda Willis

Sherry said...

Yay for you! The extra special gift will come in feeling much more organized too. What an incredible blessing from people who LOVE you!

Donna said...

What wonderful gifts! What wonderful friends! The bookcase is beautiful, and I know you are so proud to be able to display your MANY books! The rolling counter is perfect for you and SO needed!