Monday, July 4, 2011

A Big Loving Heart

The OP/Skillman Road team left yesterday.  A brand new group from Murray, Kentucky is here this week.  After church the team took the Casa kids to the mall for lunch in the food court, followed by a movie.  Marc and the children rode the bus with the team, which is different than we normally do things.

I was standing there giving instructions about who had a few special needs and telling the kids to listen, listen, listen, and telling everyone to stay with their assigned person.  Dennis and Marta and their boys were still hanging around after church.  They were watching our kids get on the bus for this fun outing.

Byron was taking his own car to town and meeting the group.  As I was finishing my instructions, I glanced over and saw Byron asking Dennis and Marta's boys to go with him.  Those two boys never get the opportunity to do things like that.  I was so touched that Byron included them.

The bus left.  I was not far behind.  I was going to the airport to get Sean.  After Sean arrived, I drove him to the mall to meet the group and grab a quick bite of lunch before heading back to Santa Ana.  Of course, our kids were having a wonderful time.  I looked for Byron and when I saw him he had not only Dennis and Christian, but three other kids.  I said something about finding a few more and a huge smile lighted Byron's face and he said I love it.  It was hard to tell who was having more fun, Byron or the five kids he had with them.  One of the many reasons we love Byron.

Terri

No comments: