Thursday, July 28, 2011

Go Fish

Casa de Esperanza depends on the amount of money we are able to raise from  the store.  Since the groups are the biggest source of income for the store, we are always looking for ways for the groups to see more of the store.  Some groups aren't at Casa much.  Last year we decided one night for each group we would take the store to them.  We pack up a fairly good sampling of our product and go set up at Julio's or wherever the group is staying.

I have been teaching Brayan to work in the store.  He is learning quickly and is a good worker.  Last night he went with me to take the store to Julio's.  We loaded the car and drove over and unloaded.  After everything was set up and displayed, we still had quite a while before the group was to arrive.  We had a soda and found a deck cards.  A couple of weeks ago, while doing the same thing, I taught him to play Go Fish.

I shuffled the cards and dealt seven cards to each of us.  He is so fun to play with.  When he asks for something which I have in my hand, he smiles so big.  When he gets a book of four, he laughs.  Not a mocking laugh, but a great big hardy laugh.  I can't help but laughing, too.  And when he wins a game, that laugh gets bigger.

When we get set up early, those few moments of playing Go Fish with Brayan are quite enjoyable.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you could sell in the states. I'd love to have some more pottery.