Friday, July 29, 2011

Road Trip

As I mentioned in the previous post, we sometimes take the store to groups.  Marc set it up for us take the store to Campamento to see Bobby Moore's group.  I spent most of the morning packing and getting ready.  Luis  arrived here at 9:30.  I was expecting him at 11:00.  He and I loaded the van and we left.  We stopped out at the job site and Lanetta joined us for the rest of the trip.  Lanetta is one of our board members.  And she always makes everything more fun. 

Lanetta and I had lots of things to talk about and probably kept Luis amused.  Probably not.  I doubt that he paid much attention to us.  The time flew by.  In more ways than one.  Luis is able to make it from Santa Ana to Campamento in better time than I can. 

There is not many places to stop along the way, but Luis and I both knew where the best place is.  We stopped at the bakery for a delicious lunch.  Then I bought some cinnamon rolls.  Lanetta bought some bread.  Luis bought some bread.

It is much hotter in Campamento than in Santa Ana.  As we began to unload the van and unpack the items, I was wishing for my mountain climate.  We set up in a room that only had light in one end, but I have learned to work with much worse situations. 

We met some new friends and had a good time as we worked.  We had the van loaded and were on our way back to Santa Ana around 9:00. As we were driving through Tegucigalpa, Luis came upon a motorcycle with two people on it.  He got closer and closer.  Lanetta said are we going to push them. I laughed and Lanettea laughed.  I am not sure Luis thought it was as funny as we did.  We were all so tired when we got back to Casa.  As we put the last box in the dorm, Lanetta said I am not sure we sold anything.  I agreed.  There didn't seem to be any less boxes than there was when we left.

Much to my surprise, Marc and Byron were still up, when Lanetta and I walked in the door.  I thought Marc was waiting up to make sure I got home safely.  In reality, he was waiting on the cinnamon rolls.  We had a cinnamon roll before we called it a day.  A great way to end another great day in Honduras.

Terri

No comments: