Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm In Texas

Now that I am in the United States of America, I have had no internet.  Nathan's was down.  I jokingly asked if he paid his bill and he tersely answered, "of course, I paid my bill.  And since moving, my mom has not connected her computer yet.  I was thinking I would have high speed internet and I have none.  I am a little lost, but oh well,  it is what it is.

It is a long way from Little Rock to Borger and it is blazing hot both places.  It reached as high as 101 as we traveled yesterday and was still 95 at 7:00 p.m. when we drove into Borger.  It took longer than expected.  Camille needed a few more potty breaks than I planned on.

Camille is a good traveler.  She read and colored and we played some games.  She did not get fussy except once in a real bathroom emergency.  I was past McLean on I-40 and not to Groom.  There is nothing out there.  Nothing.  No gas stations, no houses. No trees.  She insisted she could not go on the side of the road.  I understand that.  I prayed for that rest stop to appear and just when she thought she could not wait another second, the rest stop appeared.  We parked and went flying into that bathroom. 

I then needed gas and we barely made it to Groom.  I was irked at the price of gasoline in Groom and even more so when I got to Conway and it was 40 cents a gallon cheaper.  But I probably could not have made it to Conway.

As we left Panhandle, an excitement began to rise.  It always does as I near Borger.  Not that Borger is a garden spot, but there is just something dear about the place you grew up.    We watched the seemingly endless dry barren acres of the Four Sixes ranch that have a beauty all their own.  Camille did not think it was as pretty as I did.   We arrived a bit too early to see a God-painted, West Texas sunset, but we still have four more night to see one.

And for right now, it is time to go to Wal-Mart, buy a pool toy and hit the pool.  Camille is wanting Taco Bell for supper, which we might do and we will have to visit Sonic, too.  It is going to be a good, hot week in the Texas panhandle.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found out last week that our older daughter and family will be moving to Lubbock!!!! Long way from Mississippi!!!
jl