Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day


I know Mother's Day was last weekend. Here in Honduras it is a big holiday. I was showered with presents last Sunday in church. Many were homemade. Rosy's school tries to schedule their Mother's Day program a week later to avoid conflicts with the other schools. The other kids' program was scheduled for last weekend but was moved to tomorrow. Rosy's was today.

Instead of 6:00, we left here at 8:00. No complaints here.


Manos Felices always does a good job preparing and decorating for programs. Today was no exception. Everything was beautifully decorated. And the program was adorable. All the children were in the program. Rosy was a tree. She was a cute little tree.


Since today was market day, Rosy and I went on to the market. We had a good time together. I bought her a couple of little treats. I made her share one of them with me.


More Mother's Day programs tomorrow.


Terri

2 comments:

Blue-Eyed Mystery said...

Beautiful picture. It's amazing how different mother's day is in Latin America than it is in the USA.

Ginger said...

Yes, Rosy looks really good in her tree costume.

I know you were honored to be rosy's mom and the children who gave you gifts love you very much because you are a good mom to everyone.

Have fun today trying to be everywhere !!