Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Stand Amazed

Rather I sit in my chair amazed. Amazed at the goodness of people's hearts.

I went to work at Casa de Esperanza at 6:00 a.m. this morning. I made Marc, Rick, and Parker promise not to tell me anything that was happening with the blog, facebook or anything today. I wanted to come home and turn on my computer and see for myself. Last year the dump day was on a Tuesday, my day off, and I sat glued to the computer all day. I did not have that luxury this year, but I wanted to see it for myself and not hear it.

At 5:30, Rick tried to tell me what has happening and I would not let him.

At 7:00, Marc brought me up a plate of spaghetti, ending my 31 hour fast. It tasted good. More than good. But tears came to my eyes as I thought of the thousands of people in Honduras and millions in the world that can't choose to end their fast today. Or tomorrow. Or next week. I can choose to go without food and choose when to start eating again. Most hungry people will never have that choice.

I worked until 8:45p.m. By that time, I could hardly move to walk to my house. I did come in and grab the computer. I would not even read my email first for fear that someone would disclose what I wanted to find out for myself.

I read all 159 comments on Trey's blog. God has spoken in an awesome and powerful way that He wants His hungry children fed. You have chosen to help many feel less of those hunger pains that so many of us felt today. I was speechless, an event that does not happen very often.

And I am quite a bit more energized than I was an hour ago.

This seems so inadequate, but thanks everyone.

Terri

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Coffee tasted so good this morning after no caffeine during fasting....i missed the coffee more than the food.

I am amazed as well to see what response was made from so many who care.

We leave for Gena's tomorrow.

delllis said...

I'm amazed and thankful with you, Terri. Thank you for being at Casa yesterday, so many days. Love you!

Duane Scott said...

I am so excited for the work Trey is doing. In fact, all of us helped yesterday. Looking forward to helping with the project more over there. It is near to my heart.