Thursday, January 14, 2010

Birthdays







We have celebrated a couple of birthdays recently.


Ana's ninth birthday was January 4. We celebrated and had her cake on the fifth. I told everyone on the fourth those that did not take a nap would not get cake. Only a couple of the kids did take a nap that day. One of those who did not nap was Ana. She was heartbroken and sobbing her eyes out. I was kind of sick, too, but I had to stand by what I said. Dilcia and I decided to give everyone a second chance and have the birthday cake and celebration on the fifth, about mid-morning. There were still a couple of kids that did not get birthday cake, but at least Ana did. She was more than willing to do what needed to be done on Tuesday morning. I think she might have enjoyed her cake a bit more, knowing how close she came to not getting it.


Jackson also celebrated his ninth birthday a week later on the eleventh. I sure did not want to say for those that don't take a nap, you don't get cake. I decided to have the cake after supper on Monday night. I think everyone got a piece of cake that time. Jackson's job this week is dishes. I decided to do the dishes on Monday night for him. He liked that.


Terri


No comments: