Sunday, April 12, 2009

Worship At The Cross




This flower is called the cross of Jesus. The thorns are large and I did not touch it. But I think the crown of thorns that was placed on the head of Jesus was much larger than these.
In Santa Ana there is a Cruz de Chartarra ( Cross of scrapiron). We decided to have church there before our Atlanta group left. I thought it was fitting on Easter morning.

The bus ride up there made going up the front side of Los Pinos look easy. I know many of you are sorry you missed the bus ride. Just the bus ride was a good way to start focusing on the cross.


As we sat around the cross, it was easy to focus on the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus. Sitting, looking at the cross, I found it was easy to imagine Jesus hanging there. To visualize the ugliness of the crucifxion. More than once I was moved to tears. How did God sacrifice His son, His only son? I don't know how He did. But He is God and I am not.


The prayers, the songs, and the communion were all very meaningful. The cross represents victory. And hope. We serve a living savior, not a dead one.


After our worship, it was back on the bus for a trip back down the mountain and on to the airport. We hugged our friends good-bye and sent them on their way back to Atlanta.
Terri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How special. I know it was a blessed day. Hope your week is the same. jl

Ginger said...

Your way of defining Church is very personal. I saw the thorns and felt the pain as Jesus wore them on His head. Thorns that were even bigger on His head according to you.

Easter services were very meaningful here yet just hearing about your services touched me and made me see Jesus wearing thorns and HIS suffering for me more clearly.

love, Ginger

Anita said...

what an awesome place for worship on Easter Sunday. take care my friend