Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thirsty

In this hot, dry, dusty, smoke-filled season, I am always thirsty. No matter how much water I drink, I can still taste the dust and the smoke and crave more water. Cool water is much better than room temperature water. Marck splurged and bought me a water cooler. And I do appreciate that.

I often think of the dusty little villages that have no water, much less cool water. I do not know how they stand it. Today at the dump, we were busy handing out sandwiches and bananas. I heard Marc say don't give out any more cups, we are out of water. I nearly cried. I know how much I want water. And those people are always thirsty.

As we left the dump, and I was so thirsty, and I knew the people at the dump had to be thirstier than I was, I kept thinking of the Jesus' words about drinking of the living water and never thirsting again. I like that imagery. Of never being thirsty again. Always being quenched. As we give a cup of water in the name of Jesus, I pray those people at the dump will come to know the One that will provide the living water and that they will never thirst again.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine not haveing water to drink when you are thirsty. How spoiled we are here. I sometimes have a water bottle at church with me I am so spoiled not to even walk to the water fountain where there is pleanty of cold water. I think you deserve the water cooler. Enjoy. linda