Monday, April 27, 2009

Marc Has Gone To Texas

Today Marc left for Texas. He has three very important speaking engagements and will be gone until May 8.

I can promise you, when we moved to Honduras, the thought never entered my mind that I would stay here while Marc went to the States, or anywhere else for that matter. It was beyond what my mind could wrap itself around.

When the invitation came, of course, I was invited, too. That was before we hired Siamara, and now, leaving here and placing Karen in a bind with not enough people to do what needs to be done never entered my mind. I did not have to think about it. I simply said, I cannot go. Marc understood that completely. He did not go with me when I went to speak last November.

For years, I lived with Marc always being gone. It grew old. I know I will miss Marc and be ready for him to be home, but I am thinking I can eat popcorn for supper if I want. And probably will. I can sit in bed and read or work puzzles until 1:00 a.m. if I so desire. I probably won't, though. I am usually way too tired to stay awake that late.

After several issues cropped up today that normally Marc would handle, tonight I am thinking Karen's job may be easier than Marc's.

Terri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that NONE of your jobs are anywhere near easy - ever!!! But Praise God that you all choose to do them anyway!! love you, Janet

Ginger said...

You both have the hardest job you'll ever love. Blessings be to you and I pray things go smoothly. You always praise God no matter what needs you have to find yourselves meeting.
I hope you and Karen can cope without Marc. I will pray for him to have safe travels as well.
I know you will miss him.

you thought you were very busy till now!! I can't imagine what things you will be handling.

I have lots to do and only managed to get some chores done so far. I need to prepare spaghetti, meat and sauce, vegetables and finish hanging my clothes on the line.

At least that's the plan before I go get the grandkids at school at 3 pm.

Starting my day with prayer so my attitude will not be negative as sometimes I find when I am very tired...I wanted to be at the warehouse with Kathy but just have too much to do. I enjoyed helping yesterday.

Lord give me wisdom to not beat myself up for not going to the warehouse in Columbus for the work day today but I'm asking that you provide some needed help for that work. I know you have a plan for my life today as you did yesterday.
Thank you for the time I had yesterday to be with a great missionary here who is part of your greater plan for others far away. Bless the work all missionaries do. Asking for protection of Marc while he travels and strength for Terri Lord as she is wearing so many different hats today.

Well, Terri no time to email today so I shared most of my thoughts here.

Probability of rain late today. Sun shining brightly now shows no indication but the weather man says so. Do I believe him or not?

Better get to that clothes line and take care of clothes in the washer.
Love, Ginger