Saturday, April 18, 2009

Karen Will Be Home Tonight

Everyone that is on the mission field full time has those special people in our lives that pray for us, encourage us, support us, send an email just at the time we think we cannot go one step more. People from Karen's home church have been in Honduras this week. I did not hesitate one second when I said I would cover for her so she could spend time with her people. We all need that from time to time.



I have known for a long time that Karen is amazing with these kids. I know even better just how amazing she is. I really do better one on one with the kids, or even groups of three or four. I do not do any where near as well as she does with all fifteen. Marc and I did not run as tight a ship as Karen does, but everyone got fed three times a day, got their homework done, got to and from school and appointments and got to bed on time. I think. I hope I did not leave a kid somewhere. We have good employees at Casa that were a tremendous help. All of them had a vital role in helping us so Karen could enjoy this week with friends, but Sandra definitely is the MVP for the week.



Sandra has worked every day. Not had a day off. I asked her last night if she was tired since she had not had a day off. She said no. I said I think I am going to die. She laughed. I was serious.



There were some nights at 8:00 or 8:30 I was not sure I could walk down here to my house. I was exhausted. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.



Marc and I definitely have had some challenges. Some kids that needed to test the waters with different people in control. But we have loved them and know each one a bit better. Today, was the most challenging for everyone. Not only was there no electricity all day and into the night, I think everyone was missing Mommy Karen. They are ready for her to be back.

I know before I even talk to Karen that she had a great time with her friends. I also know, even though at this moment, I am so exhausted I feel I could sleep for a week, that next time Karen's people come to town I will gladly do the same thing all over again.

Terri

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
You remind me of the woman who lived in a shoe who had so many kids she didn't know what to do.

Anita said...

I admire you and Marc Terri. I watched for 1 1/2 hours and was frazzled.....Thanks for all you do for Karen and Dorian.........

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving Karen this time with the Belpre group! I am sure it has been a very special week for her. I feel your pain....but once again appreciate your sacrifice! :) Have a blessed week! Sharon

Anonymous said...

When I see Karen working with the children I do not know how she does it. but watching the kids and her interact with each other is so amazing.