Saturday, December 20, 2008

So Long, Harding

Marc and I have had at least one child living in Searcy since 2001. And even before that, Nicole and I went to Spring Sing at Harding for several years. I think it was at Spring Sing that Nicole made up her mind in ninth or tenth grade to attend Harding.

I am glad that both Nathan and Nicole decided to go to Harding. Over the years, we have made many good memories in Searcy. When Nathan was in his first semester, once in a while, I would drive over from Columbus just to do lunch with him. The Christmas Nathan and Julia were expecting Camille we joined Julia's parents in a cabin and had a white Christmas, complete with snowmen and all. Less than a week later, sweet Camille entered this world. So many memories. I know a route to Searcy from the east and west, and north and south. I have made the drive in record time in times of emergency.

Our kids graduated in May. Today, we watched Matt graduate. It was a wonderful day. Oh yes, the cameras were snapping. After graduation, we went to the McInteer to take those precious family pictures. Matt's folks then treated everyone to a meal at the Dixie Cafe, one of my favorite places.

I know we have no reason in the near future to return to Harding. I wasn't even sad. Memories are great. Having our children through college is even better.

Matt and Nicole will soon be moving from Searcy. We may be saying goodbye to Harding, but we will not be saying goodbye to Searcy any time soon, as we have really good friends living there. We will still be making that visit every time we are in Little Rock.

Goodbye Harding and yay Matt.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Hi,
I'm so glad you were there for Matt's graduation and shared many of the other opportunities there too. It is not always true what they say about "out of sight, out of mind" from what I am reading. I see there is a big part of you at Harding for a long time and those memories are so special.

Church time. Rushing off now. love, Ginger