Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brrrrrrrrrrr!

Tuesday, when we drove from Illinois back to Searcy, we were on ice all the way. It was bad and even worse in Arkansas.

Yesterday, after graduation and lunch, we left for Kansas City. It was 54 degrees when we left Searcy. It was 5 when we got to Kansas City. The wind was blowing across the flat Kansas plains. Today it got all the way to 12, but with the wind blowing it felt like minus 12. Brrrr. That is cold. In the morning when we get up, it is suppose to be minus 4 and that is without the wind chill factored in.

I am not use to that kind of weather. I have been so cold.

Marc had been asked to speak at Overland Park Church of Christ this morning and at Central Church of Christ in Topeka tonight. We have never been to Overland Park and did not know one soul. We have several friends in Topeka.

We went in Overland Park and were welcomed like everyone knew us. We received the same welcome tonight. No matter how cold it is outside, it warms the heart to be in fellowship with other Christians, both in the church building and the homes of new and old friends. And I definitely needed my heart warmed since every thing else was freezing.

My heart is warm, but I am hoping for warmer temperatures soon.

Terri

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember those cold winter winds when I went to school in Iowa. Those particular memories are better left behind! I hear it is warmer in Honduras! Thanks for the updates and for taking care of Felicia.
Her Dad

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
Your body must be in shock! Good luck with so many places to be in so little time.
You always have fun no matter what.
PEACE AND LOVE
GINGER