Monday, November 10, 2008

I Am In Illinois

Last Tuesday, November 4, I flew into St. Louis. I had been planning and anticipating this trip for many months. As the time drew nearer, I became more and more excited. I was coming to lead a ladies retreat and spend time with friends and our sponsoring congregation. I scheduled all those routine doctor's appointments.

I was so glad to see fall was still here. The golds and oranges and rusts were everywhere. I love fall and it is one thing I really miss in Honduras. I also am getting to feel a blast of winter. I only thought it was cold in Honduras last week. I forget what cold really feels like. Being with friends warms the soul and the cold is easily forgotten.

It was a good retreat and, like always when I am in the states, I have been blessed and encouraged.

Right now, I should be in the Miami airport waiting for my flight back to Tegucigalpa. I am still in Belleville. All those routine appointments turned out not to be so routine. I will be here until at least next week.

I am so thankful for my many friends and my church that are taking care of me while I am so far from home and so far from Marc.

Terri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment, huh????
love you, Janet :)

Anonymous said...

Chin up! I've had the same "scare" and it turned out to be nothing. We will pray for the same for you. Love ya! Suzan

TREY MORGAN said...

Terri girl ... hope you are good. Email me, I have a couple of questions and I've lost your email address. Thanks,

Trey

treymorgan@msn.com

PS - Loved catching up on your blog