Saturday, November 1, 2008

College Football

Marc and I enjoy watching football on tv. We don't get much of it down here. What we do get is in spanish. There is something really wrong with American football in spanish. But, on the other hand, it is fun. The announcers are neutral and cheer for both teams.

We get Monday night football and sometimes that is all. Last week we got one college football game. It was Notre Dame and Washington. Marc was excited because at least it was football. It was not a big enough deal to me to quit what I was doing.

Tonight our team, Texas Tech, was playing a big game against Texas. Marc was getting his computer ready so he could watch the highlights, when all of a sudden there rose such a clatter. Marc was saying, almost unintelligibly, Texas Tech and pointing. I thought he was a lost cause until I realized what he was trying to say. Our only game this week was Texas Tech and Texas.

What a game. What fun for two Texas Tech fans in Honduras. To be perfectly honest, I thought it was all over. We have seen Tech snatch defeat from the jaws of victory too many times. What an absolute perfect ending.

Terri


3 comments:

Ginger said...

Hi Terri,
What a beautiful day here in Columbus, MS
I am glad you and Marc enjoyed your texas football game. Doesn't take much to make you guys happy.
I am off soon to go to the baby shower for Kendell. It is at 4 pm. Wish you were here to go with me and we could talk during the shower while Kendell opens gifts.

love ya,
Ginger

Anonymous said...

Way to go Red Raiders!!!
love y'all!!! Janet

Anonymous said...

I thought about you the whole game. I'm so glad you got to see it. I yelled extra loud because I didn't think you would.
Jana