Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Great News

I know, and believe that God is in control of all situations. But, waiting on biopsy results breeds anxiety. I could not have been more anxious this morning if I had tried. I woke at 4:45 ( my standard getting up time at home) and I was anxious. I prayed and cried and quoted scripture to myself, and I was still anxious.

I wanted to believe everything was ok, but just in case, I took a friend with me to the doctor. I didn't mind getting good news by myself, but I did not want to get bad news by myself.

For everyone that hasn't already heard, all is clear. Gracias a Dios. Thanks to God.

And, it was great to not be by myself to get good news. I thanked God and cried tears of relief and celebration. I hugged my friend. I stood in the main entrance to the hospital and made phone calls. I hugged my friend and cried some more.

To everyone that sent cards and emails and called me, you don't know how much I appreciate it. To those who held my hand and hugged me, you are the best. For the tears shed, both from concern and relief I am grateful. For everyone in Illinois that just tried to keep my mind occupied for a week, thank you is inadequate. And most of all, for every prayer that was said in my behalf, thank you. Prayer works.

It has been a great day in Illinois. I continue to cry those tears of relief. I continue to shed tears of gratitude for each one of you that God has placed in my life. That love me everyday and have carried me and supported me through yet another trial. Thanks to everyone of you.

I will be on the 6:00 a.m. flight out of St. Louis in the morning.

I love you all.

Terri

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so thankful of your good news. We will keep you in our prayers as you make your return trip. God is so good.
Tamara & Will

Anonymous said...

Praise God! Our ladies class rejoiced at your news tonight. We also completed funds for another set of beds. That will be on the way tomorrow. Our God is an awesome God!
Love, Suzan

Ginger said...

Terri,
I know Marc will be so glad to see you and you will both rejoice together about your good news.
I can just see you both doing a praise dance. Dancing for joy to celebrate your blessings delivered by the mighty hand of God. However you express thankfulness to God it is obvious to me just reading your blog that you give God the praise for all good things.
I am so happy your body has been restored with good health.

I hope you have a safe trip back to Honduras.
Love you.

Jeanne said...

Terri, I am so thankful that everything is okay! Sorry you haven't heard from me before now but I've been in Florida with my dad who had hip replacement surgery. Praise God for good news!

TREY MORGAN said...

Glad to hear everything was good! Praise God!