Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bonus

Last week Matt and Nicole asked me to go back to Searcy with them after surgery. I really, really wanted to do that. My doctors advised against that. While I was disappointed, I quickly knew that it was best for me not to make that trip. The thought of being in the states this long and not seeing Julia, Nathan and Camille was crushing.

Nathan informed me late last week he would be in St. Louis this week. It brought a bit of joy to my step to think I might spend some time with him. My phone rang at 7:30 yesterday morning and Nathan said he was at the St Louis airport and did not have his first meeting until 2:00.

I had a fresh burst of energy as I mapquested and made plans to get to St. Louis. There was definitely a spring in my step that had not been there in several days. I got to St. Louis and Nathan and I ate mexican food. I so enjoyed spending that hour with my son and wished I could have seen Julia and Camille as well. Of course, Grammy had a few things to spend to Camille via her dad.

Going to St. Louis was more than I have done in a week and I was exhausted, but it was an exhaustion that was well worth it. To spend one hour with my son was indeed a bonus for me and I thank God for that blessing.

Today, I hope you get at least one bonus on which you were not counting.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is Good, huh? All the time! :)
love you, Janet