Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sunrise Service

One just never knows what might happen around here at any given moment. I try to roll with the flow, but sometimes I am amazed and caught off guard, especially when I am asleep.

This morning we were awakened at 5:30 by some heavy duty preaching. From what I think was a megaphone. On this property it is usually hard to tell from exactly where a sound is coming. A truck on the street sounds like it is coming right through the property. While we don't know for sure, we think the preaching might have been coming from the Nazarene church a couple of doors down. But it sounded like it was in our room with us. First time ever that I have attended church while I was still in bed. After our church this morning, Karen said it sounded like it was in her room,too. Marc said that he was going to cut the power cord. I could just picture Marc traipsing down the lane at 5:30 to cut the cord.

After several minutes of some good hard preaching, a band began to play and someone sang an invitation song. Another person prayed, urging all to be saved. I have an idea some responded, maybe not to the invitation, though. At 6:00 sharp, church promptly ended.

We were getting up and going to church anyway. We still went to our church, even though we had already been to one church service. I guess there is not a better way to start the day than hearing God's word. Perhaps, everyone did not think so.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
Well written story Terri! That couldn't have happened to anyone but you and Marc and you tell it in a way that gives God the glory.
Love,
Ginger