Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Enjoying the Birds

Today I was in a rush. I was rushing to get the laundry finished, rushing to get more things done in my house, rushing to get caught up with the never-ending paperwork and many other things that needed done. Marc started to leave for town and as he opened the door, there was a beautiful coal black, shiny-coated, red-headed woodpecker. I walked outside and just watched him. I watched for quite while. I had never seen him around before. We regularly see several huge blue birds, much bigger than jays. As I watched the woodpecker, I began to see the blue ones flying in and out of the branches. They were talking and singing. The longer I watched, the more birds I saw. One flew by with streaks of yellow in his wings. And I saw a yellow butterfly. I think I stayed out there with the birds for about 30 minutes. I needed that break. Listening to them, watching them go about their business. When I finally came back inside the house, I began to think about the birds and remember that they don't worry and fret. Why should I? The same God that takes care of them, takes care of me.

I hope you get a chance to enjoy the birds or something else wonderful that God created.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
I know what you mean about observing birds. That is ONE of my favorite pasttimes and here in TNI have been able to watch the ducks on the water and it is nice to HEAR them from my room too. The sights and the sounds of them are peaceful and easy on the eyes. The view of the Lake is breathtaking to see even in the middle of winter. There is a huge mountain like hill where homes are built at the top across Pickwick Lake and they are lovely to behold. Whoever built the homes had a quarter of a million to spend and they are beautiful. The view from there on top of the big mountain top hill must be awesome.
I know it is awesome on this side.

I am glad your birds made your head turn and give notice for so long.

God is most gracious to give us all these moments to see His Glory.
I may email in a bit.
love,
Ginger