Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Due to the fact that Marc has had shingles, (and by the way, he is much improved) we did not get to move into our house quite as soon as we had planned. We slept in our house last night. At last. Oh yes, I still have a lot of things to do in this house and I still have a lot of stuff to haul down from the dorm since everyday for the last 5 weeks I have hauled something from the house to the dorm, but I am back in my house. The bed is put together and has clean sheets. The blinds are hanging on the windows. My grand canyon picture is hanging. Home sweet home.

Last night, I read in my bed with a lamp beside me. I have not had my bedside table and my lamp beside my bed since September 1. I thoroughly enjoyed reading with the lamp and not having to get a position where there was enough light to read. How nice it is, to be sitting on a couch in my house using the computer and not having to go to the Casa office or back porch.

Marc and I both worked hard today to get things moved and cleaned. I know in just a couple of more days we will finally be settled in. Wait a minute, this is Honduras, I don't know anything. I think and I hope in just a couple of more days we will be finally settled in.

Terri

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had hoped you had been in your house for some time but so glad you are in there now. I fully know the feeling of being at home in your own bed. I am so proud God has answered prayers in Marcs behalf and he is better. God is good all the time for sure like you all always say. linda Stegall.

Pam said...

Terri! My email address is vaculinp@bellsouth.net. I'd love to hear from you!

Pam

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Praise God you're in your house! Praise God that Marc's better!! We love y'all! Janet

Ginger said...

Hip, Hip Horrah that Marc is better and that you got to sleep in your bed and read by a good light etc
I am sure there is a lot of work to do yet but God will give you strength to get things done. You are a wonderful example of patience for all. love, Ginger