Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Another Group Has Come And Gone

The Childress, Texas group has already come and gone.  It went way too fast.  Their trip dates were supposed to be July 4-11.  But a huge oversight, their trip ended up being July 4-9.  Then another delay in Dallas on Friday caused them to miss their connecting flight and they spent the night in San Salvador.  They were supposed to land at 9:30 on Friday night.  The first thought is this is not too bad, they will be on the 9:30 a.m. flight on Saturday morning from San Salvador and the day can still be salvaged.  After seven years, I should know better than to think thoughts like that.  They arrived at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon. Not much day left to salvage.

They came to Ojojona and checked into the mission house.   Church was at 6:00 and Trey was preaching.  It was a rush, but it all worked.  Trey preached again on Sunday morning in Ojojona and we all had lunch at Caso y Campo.  The group then did VBS for about 40 kids in the Ojojona church and Trey did a marriage sermon on Sunday night.  There were about 20 couples and some women there.  It was a packed house.  And a packed day.

Monday was another busy day.  They fed at the dump and then did a VBS in the feeding center for the children at Buen Samaritano.  The Childress group admits this is their favorite community.  There was 175 children crammed into the feeding center for VBS.  The children and the group were excited about this. 

A house build had been scheduled on Saturday.  That got moved to Tuesday in El Aguacatal.  Along with the house build, they also did a clinic.  That is pretty aggressive for a group of 20 people.  The clinic saw 324 patients. 

All the morning and night devos were great.  On Monday, a group of 17 arrived from Indiana and Texas.  Monday and Tuesday nights the singing and devos were especially good as so many voices blended together.  Early, early, early this morning the Childress group left.  Thanks Nicole for making that early morning airport run. 

What a busy 3 days.  I am glad they all arrived home safely.  Now for more fun with Indiana and Murray, Kentucky, who arrives on Friday.

1 comment:

Trey Morgan said...

We had such a great time ... Trey