Saturday, June 7, 2014

Reunion

I consider myself fortunate because I lived within block of my cousins and aunts and uncles as I grew up in Borger.  There are a lot of pleasant memories of living that close to them. 

This weekend the McKinneys converged for a reunion.  Zach and Kim opened their lovely home to us.  They cooked all the food and great activities for the kids.  Besides eating and eating and eating, we played bingo for some great prizes.  We even went on an aligator hunt on the river.  Trust me, it was too hot for aligators.  And for humans.  Some of us went back to the car as we did not have on running shoes.  Just in case we saw one.
and t
No McKinney reunion would be complete without Dr. Pepper.  Lots of Dr. Pepper. 

Catching up.  Remembering.  Laughing.  Crying.  And, did I mention eating. 

I return to Honduras tomorrow.  I needed this weekend to be with my family.  To love and to be loved.

Thanks Zach and Kim for all your hard work.  I hope you get long naps tomorrow.  You both need them.

No comments: