Sunday, February 26, 2012

MIA

I am not really missing and I haven't been in much action the last week.  I just have not had access to internet.

No real surprise, but my luggage was not in Oklahoma City.  But Pat and Kim were there waiting on me with my car.  I was frazzled and tired and they were the silver lining in my cloud.  I was so glad to see them.  We ate a quick sandwich and I was on my way to Amarillo.  My mom was home before I got to Amarillo and I went to retrieve my luggage.  It was not there, but on its way.  I filed a claim.  My luggage arrived in Amarillo shortly after I arrived in Borger.  I let Continental deliver the luggage to me and it arrived at my mom's around 11:00 p.m.  I was glad for clean clothes and was even more glad to be in bed shortly after 11:00. 

My mom is doing ok and I have spent some precious time with her in the last week.  I have also been blessed by spending time with other special people.  My cousin from Amarillo visited us on Monday afternoon.  My niece and her baby were in Borger from Little Rock and I got to see them briefly.
Dawn and Kay drove from Edmond on Friday to see me.  We hung out for a couple of hours at the Coffee Ranch having coffee and dessert.  Dawn and Kay can now say they have really lived; they have seen Borger.  They also drove my car back to Oklahoma City.  Saturday Bill and Carol came from Decatur.  Along with my mom and sister, we laughed and talked and had a grand old time.  Cousins are special.  Of course, I have seen my sister and Marc's family. 

I always have things I need to take back to Honduras.  Finding some of those things in Borger is always a challenge, this time being no exception.  Not everything is crossed off the list.  It is what it is.

Sometimes, it seems like nothing in Borger ever changes.  But there are some big changes this time.
This is where the bowling alley was.  An improvement,  I think so.

There is also a new hospital.  The old one, (where I was born) is being torn down.


I leave tomorrow and will be back in Honduras on Tuesday (another night in Houston).  Thank you for your prayers for me and my mom.

Terri




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My, that certainly is a cute baby! :) We love you guys! Give Nicole a belated "Happy Birthday" from us. You remain in our prayers. janet