Saturday, October 15, 2011

Soup Weather

The rain continued to hammer away all night, with another four inches falling.  It was so hard to get up out of my warm bed this morning.  I was on kid duty and there was no choice.  Even the warm shower didn't help much. 

Soon after the housekeeping staff arrived, they began to think about lunch and began making chicken soup.  All morning I could smell the soup as it simmered on the stove.  I was working up a big appetite as I smelled it all morning.  When the kids sat down for lunch, I could see the steam circling above the pot.  After the kids were served, Elvia brought me a good steaming bowl.  Oh, that chicken soup was so good.  And so satisfying.  It definitely warmed by cold bones.  The only thing missing was some good sweet Texas cornbread.

It was so satisfying and filling, curling up with a blanket for a nap would have felt good. 

Please pray for this continue as the nonstop rain continues to fall.  People are losing everything they have.

Terri

No comments: