Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We Should Have Made Reservations

This morning we left Abilene for Lubbock.  We decided to take the business route through Snyder to find a place to eat lunch.  Now Snyder, Texas is not a booming metropolis, but there were very few businesses on the business route.  Not a gas station/quick stop.  Not a restaurant. No cars.  No people.  Not much.  We finally saw a Dairy Queen with no cars at it.  What kind of Dairy Queen would have no cars in Small Town, Texas at lunch time.  We kept going.  At last we saw a restaurant called The Spanish Inn.  Everyone in town was at The Spanish Inn for lunch.   We put our name on the list and waited.  Not too long, but we waited.  People were walking in and saying, "I have reservations."  Reservations.  This is a diner in Snyder.  I laughed and said we should have called ahead and made reservations, too.

We got a table and a menu.  We thought the prices were high for lunch.  And the food was good, but not great.  I was still glad we ate there, with or without reservations.  We didn't see another place to eat until I saw the Sonic in Slaton.  Sonic is always good, but it would have been a long time to wait for lunch.  As much as I like Sonic, it loses its appeal to sit in the car and eat when it is 106 outside. 

Next time we drive from Abilene to Lubbock, we will know we need reservations at the local diner in Snyder.

Terri

2 comments:

Adam Bates said...

Amusing. Maybe the Dairy Queen was all booked up just ready for the reservations to be filled!

Anonymous said...

I gave a Texas Trooper my autograph in Abilene a couple of weeks ago!!!!! He was nice, just gave me a warning!!! I took his advice and slowed down.

jl