Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Meeting Haley

Nicole and Matt finished language school last week.  They flew out of Amarillo a year ago and today they flew back into Amarillo.  Marc and I were there to meet them.  We only got to the airport 40 minutes early. 

In Amarillo you can get a lot closer to the deplaning passengers than most airports.  We saw the Continental plane come in.  After what seemed like hours, but was only just a few minutes, we could see the first passenger come off the plane.  And then a few more.  And then Matt.  And then Nicole and Haley.  They got a little closer and Haley let go of Nicole's hand and started running toward us.  That did this Grammy's and Poppy's hearts good.
Marc scooped her up and hugged away.  I hugged Nicole and Matt and then snatched Haley out of Poppy's arms.  It was my turn for Haley hugs.

We have already had so much fun with her.  The next three days there will be lots of hugs.  Lots of family time with aunts, uncles, cousins.  Lots of craziness with Nicole and I together.  Lots of pictures.  Thank goodness I have a new 8G sd card.  Trips to McDonald's.  And not much sleep.  I will sleep after they leave. 

I am praising God that we made a safe trip from Honduras, that Matt, Nicole and Haley had a safe trip from Costa Rica and that we get to spend the next few days together.

Terri

No comments: