Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tears, Tears, And More Tears

Today Karen and Dorian left for a month in the States.  This is a much needed break for them.  Karen is mommy.  She has left several times and always, always comes back. 

All the kids were hugging her bye and Cindy started crying.  Then Sisi.  Then Ana.  Pamela had the tears at the edge of her eyes and was fighting to keep them from spilling over.  Cindy, Sisi, and Ana were all hugging Karen and the crying was getting more intense.  I began to hug them and try to move them toward the church building.  I took Cindy's hand.  She took Sisi's hand and Sisi took Ana's hand and we started to church.  With all the sobbing and weeping, one would have thought we were going to a funeral. 

We got to church and there was Dorian.  The girls broke from me and went to hug Dorian.  That only resulted in more tears.  I got them seated and was trying to comfort all three of them.  Things were settling down when Alex said he would be preaching for the next few weeks because Karen and Dorian were gone.  With that little cue, the girls began weeping again.  About twenty minutes later, Katy walked up to me and she started crying.  I picked her up and put her in my lap.

And if I thought Karen was not coming back, I would be crying that hard, too.  Or harder.

When the kids left for class, I thought they would be horrible this morning.  Kelin said they all behaved very well.  I guess they depressed themselves right into good behavior. 

Karen is a good mommy and I know they will miss her.  I know they were sad.  But this got to the point of almost being funny this morning.

Karen, we will miss you.  Don't worry about us and enjoy this much needed time with family and friends.

Terri

2 comments:

Chas said...

Awwww.. How bittersweet. I am glad Karen loves them enough that they can feel such a level of attachment for her.

Jeanne said...

How sweet that the children love Karen and Dorian so much! God bless you all during their absence.

Love you friend!

Jeanne