Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Getting Home From School

For various reasons, today I to bring twelve of the kids home from school in the trooper.  It was doable, but I sure don't want to go very far with that many kids in one car. 

Pamela and Katty were in the front seat with me, the other five girls were in the back seat and the five boys were in the back.  As soon as all the boys were in, I got out of the car and shut the door.  I did not want anyone to get out for any reason.  Then when the five girls were in the back seat, we shut another door. 

When everyone was in the car, it was very cozy in there.  It as hot and all the windows were down.  As we came through down, the kids had to say hello and good-bye to everyone we passed. I am sure we could be heard from one end of town to the other.  Then they made good and sure Dilma heard us as we passed her house.

We were in really close quarters and there was a couple of little scuffles, but nothing serious.  By the time we got home, even with the windows down, all of us were sweating.  The kids baled out of that car and went running for the house.  One of the employees thought I was insane for having them all in one car.  But I really did not have a choice.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, gracious, mercy me, Terri. That sounds like me taking my grandkids to vbs when they were little. Thank goodness it was when I was younger. Makes me tired and hot to think about it but it was good times back then. You amaze me, Terri. Necessity is the mother of invention. It was better than walking home with them. linda