Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Field Trip

Before the children got out of school for Holy Week, we knew they would be having a field trip today.  I thought the second through sixth graders would be going to Chiminique, an interactive children's museum.  Yesterday, I found out the first graders were going, too.   Everyone had to be at  school at 7:30 this morning.  That is 30 minutes earlier than normal.  I told everyone devo was at 5:30 and I would start getting them up at 5:10.  No one complained, but maybe Dilcia.  She didn't really complain, just gave a little wincing smile. 

When I got there this morning, Brayan and Antonio were bathing in the pila.  It was 5:00 in the morning and it was cold.  They were having a grand time and going to look their best today.  At 5:10, I went into the girls' room and I was met my Cindy with her uniform on and her hair fixed.  As soon as I said buenos dias, the other girls began to eagerly jump out of bed, a very rare event.

Everyone was in their uniforms and sitting in devo and we started at exactly 5:30.  For some strange reason, no one had to be told twice to do chores this morning.  Every single one of them was ready to leave about ten minutes til seven.  The gate had already been opened.  They were saying let's go, we are ready.  Marc came walking around the corner at 7:00.  They all jumped in the van and left.  It was definitely the smoothest morning I have seen in a long time.

I wish I could tell you about the wonderful time I am sure they had, but Nicole, Haley and I left on a little field trip of our own.

Terri

No comments: