Monday, March 14, 2011

I Hate Goodbyes

As one incredibly exciting week is beginning, another exciting week is closing.  We have had some dear friends here with us for one week.  Last Monday began a week of  daily hugs from our friends.  Of laughter, of tears, of praying together, of sharing together, of working together and some girl time and some guy time.  And it passed way too quickly.

As anyone knows that regularly reads this blog, I hate goodbyes.  I always cry when I say good-bye to the kids and the grandgirls.  I cried when I left my mom  a couple of weeks ago.  This morning, Donna and I started crying before we left Casa.  By the time it was time for Jim and Donna to go through security, she and I were a mess.  I hate having to say good-bye.  It seems to get harder the older I get.

As much as I hate saying good-bye, I know I am blessed to have people in my life that I miss so much when I am not with them that it brings tears to my eyes when I say good-bye.  And I am blessed beyond measure because I have many, many friends and family that I do miss that much.  Still, I wish it was just a bit easier to say good-bye.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand. Linda W.